Monday, July 12, 2010

Food Inc.

If you haven't watched this movie FOOD INC, I highly recommend that you see it. Its a real eye opener!!
So after watching this today and once again reading online about the pending lawsuit against McDonald. I find it highly ridiculous that the people pushing for this law suit are going after the toys in the happy meal rather then the happy meal itself. McDonald is the worlds larger consumer of beef, potatoes and apples (yes apples). But the quality of those products is less then par. The beef they buy comes from farms where the cow are "produce" to be fatter and have more meat on them. This is so UNHEALTHY!!! They are feed diets of grains (corn) and filled with chemicals. Cows were NEVER meant to eat CORN!! They can't digest it. Then on top of that fillers are added to the meat that has been "washed" with AMMONIA!!! Why ammonia you may ask, well because it kills E-COLI!!! HMMM.. just what I want my kids eating huh??? Can I say that my daughter has never eaten a McDonald's hamburger.. NO of course not. But she doesn't eat them every day or even every week. And I sure wouldn't say that the toy in the happy meal was making her over weight if she was over weight.
Watch the movie, go to you local library and see if they have it. And when you can shop your local farmers market and buy local!!!

No comments:

< style type="text/css"> .commentNumber { border: 2px solid Black; padding: 5px; /*Modify the comment number's style here*/ } < script type="text/javascript"> (function () { var commentList, commentHeader, numBox, i, j; commentList = document.getElementById("comments-block"); if (commentList) { commentHeader = commentList.getElementsByTagName("dt"); for (i = 0, j = comm