Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Soldiers Angel

Hello all my wonderful crafty friends.. I have a contest for you all. I belong to a group called Soldiers Angel. We help not only the local vets in our area but our men and women serving over seas. During the holidays we like to show our gratitude by being giving the vets a little something.
Last year we stuffed over 100 stockings for the vets that call American Lake Veterans Hospital home here in Washington. We also had door prize for them to win as well.

So on to my contest. We are in need of items to help once again stuff those stockings. We need the following items:
Men's socks
Fleece blanket
Winter hats and glove's
combs
Shampoo
Shaving cream
tooth paste
tooth brushes
deodorant
hand lotion
body wash
bar soap

Candy (sugar free and regular) Nothing with peanuts or peanut butter
Chirstmas Stockings

Things we can not take
razors
dental floss
scarfs

I will be entering everyone name into drawing to win a brand new I-rock package, to include an I-rock and some heat set gems to get you going!!!

Here is how you can be part of the contest, send me one of the items on the list. If you send me two packs of sock your name will go in two times. If you send me five pairs of gloves I will enter your name five times.
If you would like to help out please send me an email to this address with SOLDIERS ANGEL in the subject line. NYGIRL1994@yahoo.com
THANKS LADIES

Also welcome are hand made card thanking the vets for their service
Items must be to me by Dec 15th in order to get them sorted and stuffed into stockings.


***Add on***
Friend of mine just asked about home made hats... YES, home made hats, no sew blankets or other home made items are WELCOME!!! Our vets love that stuff. You are welcome to have your kids or grandkids make cards or pictures as well. We can display them or hand them out to the vets.

4 comments:

Debee said...

What an awesome project...I just emailed you for your address. :D

Rosy C. said...

Awww... that is so awesome that you posted this for all Crafters to view. Nice to know that One or a few Army Wives can do a shout out for what our husbands need sometimes to boost their spirits during a time they cannot be around loved ones. Thank you for what you are doing.
TFS...
Sweet Creations...
www.sweetdelightspaprnmore.blogspot.com

Jannarama said...

Hi! I love this idea, but right now it is physically impossible for me to go shopping & mail to you the items.

Would it be possible to donate some money via paypal?

ScrappinMomma said...

Jann yes of course you could do that. Just send me an email and we can go from there.

< style type="text/css"> .commentNumber { border: 2px solid Black; padding: 5px; /*Modify the comment number's style here*/ } < script type="text/javascript"> (function () { var commentList, commentHeader, numBox, i, j; commentList = document.getElementById("comments-block"); if (commentList) { commentHeader = commentList.getElementsByTagName("dt"); for (i = 0, j = comm